Saturday, July 17, 2010

Club 26.2 Here I Come

I started this blog to document my journey from an out of shape guy to an ultra marathoner. As of today, I have yet to enter and complete a marathon. I have done a couple half marathons during the last 7 years but never a full. Earlier this year after coming to the realization that I wasn't getting any younger or healthier, I decided to sign up for The San Francisco Marathon. This has been an amazing journey that would not have been possible if it wasn't for the amazing support of my wife and family.

I truly mean that. My wife has been 100% supportive and has gone above and beyond with regards to taking care of the kids and a limping sore husband after the long runs.

Today I completed the last long run before the marathon. Next Sunday, July 25 I will start The San Francisco Marathon hoping to join club 26.2, the first goal on my way to completing an ultra marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment